Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Crazy Valentines weekend

It's been a while so I better get caught up. This weekend was crazy. Chad and I didn't get to have a romantic Valentines outing like we usually do. Instead we moved all weekend out of our house and into my parents. Let me start off by saying that I forgot how much I absolutely hate moving. But I have been reminded. It really does suck. Chad and I started boxing up stuff a month ago and loading it into the PODS like 3 weeks ago. We really thought we were getting a nice head start and doing good, and come actual moving day it would be a piece of cake. WRONG! It was never ending. We loaded up my car, my dads, and Chads several times and we still couldn't get everything out of the house. It was just random stuff that we just didn't know what to do with. Couldn't throw it away, couldn't throw it in the pods cause it was beyond packed and couldn't really box it up. In the end I ended up getting a huge trash bag and just throwing crap in it. But we are officially done. Tomorrow at 4 o'clock we will no longer have our house. I'll admit, I am a little sad. We have so many wonderful memories in that house. It was our first home. We had awesome parties in there, celebrated every wedding anniversary, and brought our baby girl home to that house. We really did love that house, but once we started moving out I realized how many things I didn't like about the house.

Anyways. Chad had to work the late shift again his past Saturday so we really didn't get to do anything fun for Valentines Day. On Sunday he of course needed to sleep in because he didn't get off work til 6 am, plus he was sick. So my mom, Peyton and I loaded up and headed to An Affair of The Heart. It's my favorite craft show. I was on a mission to find some cute new stuff for the house. I ended up with a cute frame and picture for the half bathroom.
Here's the living room with the never ending junk in it!

It was so sad watching Chad take down Peyton's bed. I have a picture identical to this when he was putting it together over 2 years ago when I was pregnant with my baby girl.
The empty play room. So sad I can't take the tree with me!

Peyton and Papa. Peyton's opening her Valentine's Day gift from Gami and Papa.
Daddy and Sissy coloring with her new crayons she got for Valentine's Day.
Playing "lets see how many stickers we can put on Papa's face!"
Hehe, at Affair of the Heart we covered her with my mom's coat when we changed buildings cause it was so cold and windy. But then she liked it and wanted to stay covered and play her games on my iphone in there. It was really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment