Saturday morning we woke up early to get to my company picnic. We had to be there by 10:30 because we were in the putt putt tournament with my friend Ronda from work and her husband Robin. We didn't win, but we had a great time. And the cool thing is that one of her daughters is only 3 months younger than Peyton, so she had fun too. We played putt putt, did the bumper boats, played games, and had all you can eat pizza. It was so much fun. After we left we ran a few errands real quick and then hurried to get Peyton home for a nap before her recital. Peyton is a VERY good napper. As long as she has plenty of time to play before nap time and I don't try to put her down too early she will go to sleep in 1 minute and sleep for 3 hours. Playing for 3 hours at celebration should have been plenty of time to wear her out. But of course the day that I need to her to go to bed right away and get some good rest. She doesn't want to. I put her down and she did her normal sweet "I love you mommy, night night mommy" and curled up in the bed with her blanket and closed her eyes and went to bed. About 5 minutes later I realized I left my cell in her room and I didn't want it to ring and wake her up. So I opened the door and snuck in there and what do I see? Peyton with her diaper off, in front of the mirror trying to put her swimsuit on. Seriously? Such a goofball. So after about 30 minutes of her talking to herself and realizing we weren't going swimming she went to bed.
Unfortunately, after an hour I had to wake her up and get her ready for the recital. She woke up happy and seemed really excited. Yay, even though she had an hour nap, she was happy and rested. Um no! We got to the recital around 4:45, she was excite and ready to watch the other dancers. Her and Hailey sat on my mom's lap and watched intently and would try to immitate the dancers every once in a while. Very cute. But after about 45 minutes she got restless. She wanted to go out in the aisle and dance. Yeah normally I wouldn't mind so much, but there was a ton of people there and they were there to watch loved ones dance. Not my crazy 2 year old act like a monkey in the aisle. So after trying to keep her occupied and out of the aisle for as long as we could she had a little break down. She started crying hysterically during the show. So embarrassing. I do not have that child (even though apparently I do!). We finally decided to take her out in the lobby until it was time for her group to go back.
The ridiculous thing was that they didn't take the 2 year olds back until 2 hours after the show started. I am sorry, that is just way too long to expect a 2 year old to be calm and content and then ready to get up on stage and dance. But that's a whole other story :) To wrap things up, in the end she did great. Her pants were a little big so a few times during the dance she had to stop and pull her pants up. But other than that she did great. She knew all of her moves and was super excited to be on stage. At the end of the show she went back on stage for the finale. I have no idea what went on back stage in the 5 minutes from when I dropped her off to when she came out, but something went on. She came out with one arm out of her top and her belt around her head. Thinking back I can't believe I didn't have a picture of her. When she stood up to dance her top was up way above her belly button. It was pretty darn funny. And she did pretty good at the moves, but she kept turning around to watch the older dancers. All in all it was a great night. We were both so proud of her. She is the youngest one in her class, but she got up there and did as good as the 3 year old girls . We can't wait to see what she is going to do in the future.
Peyton, Cash and Keaton playing with the water sink
Got a little soaked playing with the water.Chad got to play catch with Jamey. Holy cow, he thought it was the coolest thing ever. I thought Chad's hand would surely be sore, because it looked like he was throwing some heat! I think he took it easy on Chad. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment