Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mini play date!

Today we had plans to meet the Blackburns at the park so the kids could hang out for a bit and enjoy the weather. We had to cancel because Amy was running errands and Chad and I had been doing house stuff all morning. After we got done at the house Peyton was up and wanted to play. She was out in the bounce house all morning and I felt bad that she didn't have anyone to play with. So I called Amy up to see if she wanted to drop Hailey off for a little bit so the girls could play. So Hailey got to come over for a bit and have a mini play date. It was so much fun. They girls loved getting to hang out. We took a wagon ride down the street to the see the animals at the farm, then we came back and they jumped in the jump house, then they played all over the yard. She only got to stay for about 45 minutes, but they had a blast.

At the farm giving each other a high five!

I love this picture. I think I might have to get a big one and frame it in her room.
Just chilling in the bounce house eating their raisins.
"Peek-a-Boo"
"I want to do it too!"


House update!
So this morning we met the sod guy at 8:30. Our builder called yesterday and told me that our contract said we were getting 10,000 square foot of sod for the house and that we needed to decide where we wanted it all to go. Well Chad and I were super pumped because we thought our contract said we were getting 8,000 sq ft of sod. So anyways, last night Chad and I were talking and we decided we wanted to do the entire front yard and then probably half of the back yard. So we got there this morning and started talking with the guy about what we wanted. He decided we better measure the front yard first to see what we'd have to work with. Well apparently Chad and I underestimated the size of our front yard cause when he measured it was 10,800 sq ft. Yep that's right. We wouldn't even have enough to do the entire front yard! So we decided to do as much of the front as we could. We left a pretty good size spot on the right side of the patio to do some extra landscaping. Then we had enough left over to do one strip along the back side of the driveway. I guess what we are going to have to do is get some spray mulch stuff to put on the back. It takes about 6 weeks for the grass to grow, but it's half the price of sod. But other than that everything went great. The guys did an awesome job and now we have a front yard!





1 comment: