Friday, March 19:
Holy macaroni, we closed on our house! It went so great. We were in and out in about 45 minutes and then it was official, we now have our dream house. Looking back on the past 3 months the experience was amazing. We can't believe how absolutely lucky and blessed we were to find our real estate agent and builder. Chad and I had talked about buying a house or building for some time and and in our wildest dreams we couldn't imagine that we'd sell our house in 12 days, that we'd have such and amazing builder, and that our house would be done in 3 months. The best part of it is that we know we got an amazing deal. While we were at our closing the builder showed up to congradulate us on our new house. He told us how awesome of a deal we got and that if we wanted we could probably sell our house the next day and make $20000 off of it. Chad and I have wondered from the beginning how we could get our house on 1.2 acres for what we paid. Well apparently the developer of the neighborhood wanted to sell a few lots and put 3 of them up for auction and said he would sell them for whatever they go for no matter how low it is. So our builder said he showed up to the auction on a super cold winter day and hardly anyone else showed. He ended up getting the 3 lots for $14000 a piece, and right now they are selling for $45-62000. He said since he got the lot so cheap he passed the deal onto us. So basically we lucked out!! Okay enough about that.
As soon as we left closing we headed for the house to meet my dad who had already loaded up the trailer with stuff from their house. I guess he was anxious to get rid of us! There was a big mix up with the PODs so we didn't end up getting it until Monday when I was expecting it on Friday. That sucked, but instead of moving all night like we planned we drank some beers and hung out at the house. Jenn, Clayton, Amy, Ryan, Suz and Noah all came over to celebrate with us. Thanks guys! It was a lot of fun.
Saturday, March 20:
Friday was a beautiful day, I think around 70 degrees. So of course Saturday it snowed. Gotta love Oklahoma! Luckily the furniture stores were still delivering so we got our couch and sectional that day. My dad came over to help Chad put all of the tv's on the walls and my mom and I got out in the snow to do a little shopping for house stuff.
Sunday, March 21:
We just relaxed and watched movies all day on the new couch! Oh and Tam and Darren came over and we went and ate lunch with them. There is a gas station not to far from our house the has a little burger joint connected to it. Neither Chad or I had eaten there and ever since we decided to buy the house we have talked about wanted to eat there as soon as we moved in. We finally went and ate there and unfortunately weren't impressed. The onions rings and fries rocked, but the burgers weren't the best. We're going to give it another try for breakfast sometime soon though. Hopefully it's better.
Monday, March 22:
Yay the PODs arrived. Lots of unloading!
Tuesday, March 23rd:
Peyton went back to school after a week off for Spring Break. She was excited to see her friends and Chad and I got some time to unpack. After school Amy dropped Hailey off at the house for a slumber party! Amy has been talking about needing to get stuff done around the house, and Peyton wanted some company so I figured this works out for everyone. We went to dance, came home and had some dinner, the girls played, took a bath and went to bed. The were so awesome. They went to sleep so easy and had a blast in the bath tub. They were so adorable!
How sweet are they?

Watching a little tv after our bath.

Let's brush our teeth!

Today!!:
We got so much done today. The PODs is unloaded. We still have some boxes to unpack and hang everything on the walls, but for the most part we are almost done. Now I just have to start saving my money again to get all the little things I want. I am going to have to post pics of the house a few rooms at a time. Hopefully by the end of the week we will be all done and can start to enjoy our new home.
The kitchen! Look at all my counter space!

Okay I know that the book shelf looks like the Hobby Lobby frame department threw up on it, but I can't call a place home without my thousand pictures of my family (okay mainly pictures of Peyton.)

The kitchen from the living room.

Our new dining room table. I need to get some more stuff on it. I promise, I am not just leaving the placemats!
Got P's closet done. Yes I am embarrassed at how many clothes she has. The sad thing is that I haven't even hung up most of her summer clothes. But I love how much space is in there now.

Wow, the house looks awesome! Love your kitchen, and YES Peyton has too many clothes, but I bet she looks cute in all of them!
ReplyDelete