Thursday, December 6, 2012

St Martin part 3

Okay so now we are on to Wednesday. That morning we woke up and had massages up on the balcony over looking the ocean. There were two amazing ladies that came and did massages for 3 hours. It was fabulous!! After the last massage we got ready and headed to Phillipsburg to do some shopping. Phillipsburg is the capital of the Dutch side of the island and where all of the cruise ships come in. Wednesday was a super busy day for ships so we were told to go that day so we could get some good bartering deals. I think in the future we will stay away from that place when there are that many ships docked!! It was so packed. But it didn't stop us from grabbing some lunch, getting the big girls hair braided and doing a little shopping. Out of all of the stuff everyone bought I would say I got the best thing.....a new DSLR camera. Woo hoo! I was planning on getting one on Black Friday but I got a great deal so I jumped on it! I am so happy I got it. I love it so much and I've take a billion pictures already!!

After we left town we stopped back at Friars Bay for an hour or so to cool off in the ocean. We then headed home to get ready for dinner. When we went on the boat ride early in the week Captain Bob recommended an awesome French restaurant down the street from our house that he said we had to try. But he said it was a place we wouldn't want to bring kids to so he suggested we get a babysitter. We told him we didn't know who we could get or where to begin to find someone that we'd trust to keep the kids. He said then we have to let his wife do it. He said she was wonderful with kids, would love to do it and he would make reservations for us. We were a bit hesitant but we left Presley the cell phone to communicate with Jamey, and they couldn't go anywhere without passing the restaurant so we decided to enjoy an adult night out.  I looked up the restaurant on trip advisor before we went. The place was called Le Ti Bouchon and was ranked 3 of 296 restaurants on the island, so we were very excited. The restaurant was by far the best food we ate the entire trip. It was AMAZING!!  Captain Bob ended up coming with his wife so she didn't have to drive home late at night. The kids absolutely loved him and they did great!! If anyone goes to St. Martin you HAVE to eat at Le Ti Bouchon. Delicious!




The Menu up on the wall.

Momo, the owner of the restaurant. He was so awesome!


One of our appetizers. Pizzette. Had truffle on it and was so so good!

Calamari
Escargot with mushrooms. 
Crab and Lobster ravioli.


Momo brought out the ticket in this little doll. The did weird stuff like that at all the nice restaurants. It was odd!

No comments:

Post a Comment