Tuesday, December 4, 2012

St Martin Part 1

As always when we go on big vacations I have to break my posts up because I have so many pics and so much to talk about. This one is no different. Though I'm going to try to make the posts as short as I can, because once I get started I could talk forever about this vacation.

We started planning our Thanksgiving vacation back in January of this year. We really wanted to do something big for my dad's 60th birthday. Trying to organize a vacation for 13 people isn't something that you can do in a few months. It took a lot of planning and a lot of saving, but the past 11 months flew by and our vacation finally came.

We started out at 3:45 Saturday morning out of Dallas and headed to St. Martin. Why did we chose St. Martin for our trip?? Well the one thing we all agreed on is that we wanted something tropical, somewhere we'd never really been and preferably somewhere in the Caribbean because the water is so amazing there. We had actually chose St. Lucia to begin with and had a house booked, however crazy flight prices prevented us from going there. We found some decent flights to St. Martin and a nice house to stay so we booked it.

Here are pics from our first few days on the amazing island!!

On the bus at 4 am headed to the airport!



Our first night, dinner by the beach. 

There's Harper. She finally woke up!
Papa hanging with the kids by the beach. 
Let the celebrating begin!
Happy Birthday to him!
The first morning we got up and started swimming at our pool and enjoying the house and amazing view!





She loves her Mommy!

We love our Mommy!!
Worn out already!

Walking down to the beach at Anse Marcel. A 5 minute walk from our house. 
Pregnant Mama!







Drinking Guaveberry Colada's. I can't begin to tell you how many we had over the week. 
Twinky cousins!


The awesome kids room. They were in here A LOT!
Passed out!!
The delicious fajitas we cooked the first night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment